Our Activities so far…
- Skill up-gradation programme among the weavers & spinners on a continuous basis through hands-on training on weaving.
- Skill up-gradation on rearing of muga and eri/endi silk through in-house trainings by the experts.
- Awareness campaigns to promote activity of weaving at the grassroots.
- Motivating people on eri and nuni silk production through awareness camps and workshops
- Mobilization and Motivation camps to counsel young women about the significance of weaving to further facilitate the activity as a major livelihood source among the rural women and young girls.
- Mass mobilization to motivate people towards huge plantation of Som trees (Machilus bombycina) in the villages for sustainable livelihood. It is an on-going process under the Government initiative through the Sericulture department of the state.
BEENEEZ is the implementing agency in promotion of plantation of som trees.